We are hiring a Work Execution Lead to work in Aberdeen on an initial 3-month assignment!
Responsible for supporting the assets efforts to safely drive sustainable work execution productivity improvement. The role will drive a performance improvement in offshore tool time and reduce waste in the supply chain by executing offshore activities in the most efficient way. The role has distinct areas of focus around the Integrated Planning, Scheduling and Work Execution process assurance. The individual working within this role must be very adaptable and be prepared to adjust focus in real-time as issues emerge.
Provide audit and assurance in relation to the compliance of the company work management activities with the published processes. This includes the identification of gaps in current performance against the stated standards and targets and development of improvement plans to address these gaps. Maintain a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks
- Monitoring and measurement of key leading and lagging metrics to support increased offshore productivity
- Actively work with the Asset Schedulers to comply with Asset Preventive Master Plan to reduce and manage a minimal maintenance backlog
- Provision and support to asset leadership, majoring upon efficient implementation of critical core processes this includes routinely challenging behaviours of the leadership team as required in relation to these core processes (e.g. Work prioritisation, Planning, Scheduling, Capacity Balancing based on Resources and Burn Rate, Performance Management, Effective and timely meetings
- Working with Assets teams to identify and highlight key barriers to work execution and identify root causes and actions to address.
- Identify training needs based on Schedulers and planner’s competence Assessment
- Ensure that all the planned activity have a work order related and cost/resources associated
- Supporting development and execution of site-specific improvement plans and translation of this into ‘SMART’ objectives
- Working with the asset teams to update progress status, accelerating activities to be addressed onshore, liaising with onshore asset and functional teams to unlock barriers
- Support offshore and onshore leadership teams in establishing effectively implemented risk and opportunity management
- Support and challenge team to adopt and effectively apply key processes such as Integrated Activity Planning (IAP) and Work Scheduling
- Encourage leadership team to hold effective performance delivery discussions and support action follow-up
- Translate offshore issues into the broader improvement agenda and support collective improvement efforts
Conduct periodic offshore “cold eye” observations and audits to ensure Work Delivery process is being fully adopted at site. This will require offshore/site visits
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent or substantial technical experience
Professional Skills & Experience
- Proven Technical Experience in the O&G industry – Onshore or offshore
- Relevant practical experience in an equivalent environment
- Change management/improvement project experience and associated analytical toolkit i.e. Lean, 6Sigma, general process mapping/debottlenecking etc.
- Sound knowledge of operations excellence processes – work planning, scheduling and execution
- Experience with supply chain and Material Management process
- Experience with a total integrated ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Good appreciation of work management, batch processing, effective time management, time & motion analysis, etc.
- Integrated asset planning, Shutdown management and general enterprise CMMS such as Maximo, SAP, Primavera P6
- Drives change and continual improvement
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, ability to work within time constraints to deliver
- Ability to coordinate and provide clear direction to direct reports
- A supportive attitude to leadership, up and down the organization
- Working to the company Golden Rules and displaying our Values
- Demonstrate and encourage data driven decision-making within the team
- Possibility to visit Offshore assets