Wind Turbine Service Technician
Key Skills: Wind Turbine electrical engineering, troubleshooting
Location: East or West Germany
Salary / Package: Competitive basic salary with performance-based bonus scheme
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Callam Llewellyn
Key words: Technical Operations, Wind Turbine Generator, Wind Turbine Maintenance, Renewable Energy, Wind Technician, Wind Electrician, Wind Turbine Operation and Maintenance, GWO, WTG, OEM Maintenance, Service Technician, Management, Electrical Engineering
We are nationally leading and certified provider of services within the wind sector. We are always based on the latest technological developments and have a focus on our quality, efficiency and competency within our field. This region we have highlighted as having huge growth potential and we are investing in strengthening our brand, presence and customer base. If you have the ability to think outside of the box and have a hands-on approach, it might be you who we are looking for.
By reporting to the technical operations manager, the candidate is primarily responsible for the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical, electronic and mechanical components of the wind turbines in the wind farms that belong to the BKW Group or a third-party customer. Ensuring their operation and reliability. He or she will also ensure that these activities are carried out in full compliance with the company's processes and procedures, including those relating to safety and environmental protection.
- The following tasks with responsibility and expertise apply to operational service:
- Preventive maintenance, repair and other service activities as well as troubleshooting on GE, VESTAS and SIEMENS wind turbines
- Carrying out repair work on electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components as well as in the field of control and regulation technology
- Compilation of maintenance and inspection reports
- Perform the work in accordance with the device manufacturer's manuals and internal procedures.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures and quality requirements are followed.
- Management and handling of spare parts and materials from local warehouses.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successfully completed vocational training in the electronic or mechatronic field, with experience in the field of wind power
- Several years of experience with systems from different manufacturers (GE and Vestas as a requirement, Siemens as a plus)
- Independent, goal-oriented and analytical way of working as well as the ability to work in a team, flexibility and a high level of commitment
- Willingness to travel regularly within the service area
- Confident handling of MS Office
- Altitude suitability (G41) and physical fitness according to GWO standard
- Proficiency in English at a level that enables understanding of technical manuals and training courses is considered a preferred requirement.
- Class B, BE driving license
The next step:
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Callam Llewellyn.