Our client is seeking a Wind Technician - Level 1 to work in Oldham County, TX on a 6-month contract
• Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
• Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
• Grease/torque wind turbines.
• May also service turbines based on the type of turbine (manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
• Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems.
• Replace mechanical components.
• Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
• High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
• Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
• Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout
• Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.