Company Name: Airswift
Location: Brackettville, TX, US
Job Role: Wind Technician
Operate and maintain the site by optimizing wind generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
South Texas Regional Manager
Texas: Brackettville, Uvalde or Del Rio
W-2 Hourly Non-Exempt 5/2 $20-40 per hour worked OT will be available
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site BOP Tech, including coordinating with service providers, contractors, producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Monitor site performance
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections – safely using tools (e.g. multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training – contractors’ orientation, other site’s employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers and collection lines
- Be proficient in access substation relay log files and monitoring systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- Reside within 80 miles of the site
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, office 365.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
- 3 - year diploma in a technical program or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience industrial MV/HV voltage application.
- Trades qualifications: (Lineman, Electrician, Millwright, Control Technician)
- **Preferable experience on Vestas V8's, Siemens turbines, and G87 towers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Airswift is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Please submit resumes to Mason.Schwarz@airswift.com