Airswift has been tasked by one of our one of our midsize Oil & Gas clients to seek Well Optimization Technician to work within their Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada, operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years combined experience in a well optimization and/or well servicing role.
- Able to work with highly instrumented and automated equipment.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and a sense of teamwork.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with XSPOC, Wonderware, SCADAvantage, and Wellview.
- Ability to work on a rotational shift and be on call.
- Must reside within the Grande Prairie area for reasonable call-out response.
- Wellsite supervisor and other tickets including SARA, BOP, H2S Alive, and First Aid
- Maintain operation and reliability of oil/gas wells produced by various artificial lift systems (rod lift, gas lift or plunger lift).
- Monitoring, optimizing, troubleshooting and completing minor repairs on oil/gas wells and associated surface equipment.
- Maintaining and enhancing production volumes while remaining highly conscious of safety, environment and regulatory requirements, and operating costs.
- Contribute to the team achievement of meeting business, environmental, health and safety targets.
- Common tasks may include:
- Conducting slickline operations on wells
- Dewaxing and descaling wells with hot water, solvent and/or acid
- Running plungers including bumper spring install and/or retrieval
- Setting up and troubleshooting artificial lift systems
- Starting up and unloading of high pressure sour wells
- Resource prioritization