Airswift is currently looking for Welders to work with our client on a FLNG project based in South Korea. Reporting to the O&M Mechanical Superintendent, the Welders support the Operations and Maintenance team for operational input into Construction, Commissioning, and early operation Phase, in accordance with project specifications, codes and standards and Mozambique regulations.
The Welder is responsible to assemble and maintain Oil & Gas System piping systems with high precision. It also includes inspecting materials, maintaining tools, performing pre-welding preparations, welding components according to specifications and diligently following safety regulations.
The role requires to be able to study schematics and devise welding plans, preferably FLNG or Onshore LNG Production Facility. The role requires the person to be a team player but is also able to work independently to achieve project deliverables.
Skills and Experience
Experience should include Permit to Work Systems on onshore / offshore operational facilities, preferably FLNG or Onshore LNG Production Facility, including but not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Determining the required tools, materials and welding methods.
- Assembling, installing and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, and tools.
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting or applying chemical solutions to piping.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth, and functional.
- Observing safety regulations
- Fireteam experience would be desirable
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- AWS certification to ASME 6G 45 Degree Inclined Pipe. 2” Diameters and Above
- ASTM Grade of Process Piping Materials Carbon Steel A106, A335, Low Temp Carbon, Stainless Steel Grades 304, 309, 312, 316, CuNifer,
- 5 years’ Experience as a pipe welder. GTAW/TIG, GMAW/MIG, SMAW,
- Use of Oxy/Acetylene Cutting, Gas Welding and Brazing, Air Arc Gouging.
- Working knowledge of AWS, API, ANSI, and ASME codes and standards.
- Knowledge and experience with welding equipment and processes, WPS and Stress Reliving of Welded Joints.
- Experience with NDT Testing of Welds, MPI, PMI, X-Ray, PT, MT, UT
- Ability to troubleshoot and strong attention to detail.
- Structural Steel Fabrication, Generic Fabrication, Piping System Fabrication.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to interpret schematics.