Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced Weight Control Engineer to join a dynamic engineering team in the marine oil and gas industry.
To independently prepare and deliver engineering deliverables required for the assigned project within section technical standard and contractual terms effectively and efficiently to deliver engineering deliverables on time and meeting required specification.
- Engineering – design & analysis: Create engineering deliverables complying with project specifications, under supervision of his/her seniors. To prepare the engineering deliverables according to project specifications, with supports and guidance provided by lead engineer.
- Project schedule alignment: Project schedule update and progress study for his/her seniors. To collect the deliverable progress periodically (i.e., weekly), update the status, check against project schedule and highlight the results to his/her lead engineer.
- Weight Management: Periodical weight control report updates of the project. To help his/her lead to coordinate among all the relevant parties (in-house disciplines, engineering subcontractor, vendor, fabricators and so on) to get the weight input and update the report monthly
- MTO preparation: Create Material Take-off (MTO) for modules and update periodically
- Package management: Create RFQ, TBE and follow up with vendors for package item delivery
- Communication: Collaborates with other departments concerned inside company and external parties (supplier and class authority, etc)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering
- Minimum five years of experience working in engineering team of offshore projects. Experience in FPSO projects is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working as an engineer in either one of the following disciplines: Weight Control, Structure, Mechanical, Piping. Familiar with basic engineering scopes and main deliverables of the other disciplines.
- Advanced skills of data processing methods. Expert level of experience with Microsoft Excel or other specialist software for Weight Control.
- Knowledges of optimisation design and weight savings for offshore projects.
- Experience of independent review of engineering documents and drawings for both technical and quality checks.
- Experience of engineering management and schedule control of specific discipline, and coordination with other disciplines.
- Advanced skills of communications and team works. Experience as a group/team Leader in projects is preferred.