Our Client, a major Refinery, is looking for a Waste Management Coordinator to work on an initial 3-months assignment in Channahon, IL.
- Oversee the planning, coordination and monitoring of solid and liquid waste management for the Upstream / Downstream Operations environment
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of waste services provision by 3rd party contractors, and provide timely direction and support to ensure Operations waste requirements are met, and overall conformance to Company waste management principles and philosophies is achieved.
- Ensure that correct client standards and waste disposal procedures are undertaken by client staff and contractors, such as identifying waste materials, safety guideline training, and conducting risk assessments on hazardous materials.
- Ensure compliance with local and national laws with regards to safe handling, storage and disposal of waste, whilst implementing strategies to reduce waste.
- Degree or Diploma in Applies Science, Environmental Management, or equivalent
- Safety leadership qualifications or certifications - Incident investigation training (i.e. Taproot)
- 10+ years of experience in environmental management and /or waste management, with remote experience preferred
- 5 years of experience supervising contractors within a dynamic, challenging and/or unpredictable environment
- Minimum 8 years" experience in the operation of waste facilities (waste processing equipment and landfills), in the environmental monitoring of waste facilities and activities (including water, air, noise emissions)
- In depth knowledge of spill response, cleanup and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of safety management tools and processes. (i.e. Step back 5x5, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk Assessment)
- Understanding and knowledge of local waste regulations and permitting
- Good working knowledge of landfill operational practices, and waste handling, treatment and disposal processes