Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Warehouse Operator to work in their facilities located in Battle Creek, Michigan on a 1+ year contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Warehouse operators and material handlers coordinate receiving and distribution of incoming material, equipment, samples, drums and cylinders.
- They may be required to order equipment and material, write purchase orders, coordinate equipment rentals for jobs, and track delivery of material.
- Warehouse operators and material handlers unload trucks, handle packages, stock shelves/storerooms, move drums and cylinders.
- They also prepare material, equipment and samples for shipping according to regulations.
- The warehouse operator and material handler may be required to operate forklifts, fill tanks and containers, and operate plant equipment.
- They may also provide material handling services including hazardous waste, shipping/receiving, and research support.
- Warehouse operators and material handlers are responsible for maintaining facilities and equipment in a safe and orderly manner and they must be able to work with minimum supervision, while following safe work procedures.
- Adheres to all site standards for safety, quality, housekeeping, and security.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures consistent with the National Electrical Code (NEC) while performing repairs and maintenance of a specialized nature on industrial equipment under the limited supervision of the Electrical Superintendent.
- Operates standard electrical testing equipment including voltage tester, multi-meter, megger, Infra-Red Thermography instrument and circuit tracer.
- Must have experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairs on secondary distribution systems i.e., panels, electrical switchgears, switchboards, emergency generators, buss duct, standard and emergency lighting systems, and be able to install electrical conduit.
- Properly document all work orders in a timely manner. This includes detailed notes of tasks performed with accurate work hours recorded into our client’s CMMS.
Previous education & experience required:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to Pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Work Schedule: M-F 8 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Some weekend OT is required.