Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Warehouse Operator and Material Handler (contractor) to work in their facilities located in Livonia, Michigan on a 12 months contract likely to be extended.
- Warehouse operators and material handlers coordinate receiving and distribution of incoming material, equipment, samples, drums and cylinders.
- They may be required to order equipment and material, write purchase orders, coordinate equipment rentals for jobs, and track delivery of material.
- Warehouse operators and material handlers unload trucks, handle packages, stock shelves/storerooms, move drums and cylinders.
- They also prepare material, equipment and samples for shipping according to regulations.
- The warehouse operator and material handler may be required to operate forklifts, fill tanks and containers, and operate plant equipment.
- They may also provide material handling services including hazardous waste, shipping/receiving, and research support.
- Warehouse operators and material handlers are responsible for maintaining facilities and equipment in a safe and orderly manner and they must be able to work with minimum supervision, while following safe work procedures.
- This is normally a day job with some shift work and overtime as required.