Airswift. Vessel Traffic Service Supervisor. Afungi, Mozambique.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Vessel Traffic Service Supervisor to join them in Afungi, Mozambique on a 1-year contract.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- VTS Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient movement of vessels in and out.
- Will be responsible for mentor and supervising the VTS operators and ensure agreed SOP’s and protocols are followed for the safe and efficient management of the Vessel traffic.
- Supervise the duty VTS Operators and ensure VTS services are delivered efficiently.
- Supervise Communication with vessels arriving and departing from the Port. VTS Supervisor will monitor all traffic to ensure compliance with all local, national and international regulations. Enforce all Port Harbor rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure all Port operations and traffic movements are conducted with due regard to the safety of personnel, terminal facilities and cargo.
- Maintain and update the Port Management Information System database for arrivals, departures and moves to facilitate voyage planning and forecasting.
- Maintain a daily log of all communication of vessels arriving, departing or moving within the Port. Maintain a log of all incidents / accidents occurring within the Port.
- IALA V103/1 VTS Training certified
- Minimum 5 years working experience as VTS Operator in a major port
- English is mandatory
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.