Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Vessel Superintendent to work within their facilities located in Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
The Vessel Superintendent (VS) is accountable for maintaining their assigned asset(s) in a safe condition and in compliance with its specification and Class, ensuring maximized availability, reliability and efficiency of the asset(s), her equipment and crew, whilst adhering to approved budgets. The VS will drive and promote HSEQ behavior on the vessel. The role will be part of the Fleet and Equipment Group reporting to the Fleet Manager. The Vessel Master and Chief Engineer will report to the Vessel Superintendent.
- To enthusiastically pursue, actively demonstrate and foster an exemplary Safety culture and practice onboard the vessels, and where requested, align, sponsor and support all HSEQ activities driven by the assigned Region;
- In close collaboration with Master and Chief Engineer execute IMO, Class, Flag and ISM responsibilities that lie with Offshore Resources (OR) and ensure the vessel remains within ‘Class’ and Flag state requirements as well as complies with relevant industry standards and guidance, in particular IMCA;
- Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance are scheduled in close coordination with the assigned Region’s Operations Manager for minimum impact on projects, and maintenance is performed efficiently and in the most cost effective manner within budget and in accordance with the applicable requirements and the standards set by OR;
- To prepare, propose and manage a budget for the OPEX (Crew, M&R, consumables, Logistic, Onshore support etc.;
- To manage the planning, preparation and execution of major works, such as dry docking and Capex works, ensuring timely definition of scope of work and schedule;
- To organize engineering and technical support required for the technical definition of the capacity growth CAPEX as well as costing of their execution;
- To proactively participate in the improvement of the maintenance procedures, standards and policies;
- Prepare and present technical, financial and safety reviews on a monthly basis in relation with OPEX activities and on an adhoc basis for Major Maintenance Stops, Dry Dock and CAPEX projects;
- Ensure that vessel’s inventory for spares and consumables is managed effectively, utilizing critical spare part assessment and operating within budgetary requirements;
- With the support of Offshore Crewing, permanently maintain and adjust an adequate and cost-effective marine crew and team of technicians;
- Liaise with internal Clients (Project Managers, Vessel Operational Managers and Operations Coordinators) regarding vessel operational matters in order to ensure their vessel continues to meet their requirements;
- To proactively involve building and maintaining strong working relationships with Regional Clients, Vessel Owners, Crew Management Companies and internal Project Teams.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Chief Engineer Unlimited CoC, with time in rank preferred or other Engineering Degree. Relevant Vessel and/or Oil & Gas Industry experience may be considered;
- Experience in similar positions with Pipelay, Heavy / Light Construction, IRM or DSV vessels preferred;
- In depth knowledge of vessels capability and operating limits;
- In depth knowledge of IMO, Class & Flag and ISM requirements;
- Knowledge of engineering and operations of offshore construction;
- Strong leadership, managerial and organizational skills;
- Good stakeholder management skills;
- Good communicator, with ability to interface with Management and offshore personnel.
Local: Rio de Janeiro