Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Vessel Engineering Project Manager to work in their office located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a 1-year contract.
The Vessel Engineering Project Manager are equally accountable for support of the planning, execution, and closeout of the engineering work for the Vessel/New Built Hull scope. Depending on the magnitude of Scope, you can also be assigned as a Senior Deputy Vessel EPM for the Vessel/Newbuilt Hull Scope. You work to ensure vessel related engineering discipline activities and deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and on quality and in accordance with all safety and regulatory requirements.
Task & Responsibilities :
- Develop the Vessel Outline Specification and relevant Vessel engineering interface scope deliverables for the yards as per internal standard requirements.
- Ensure the Vessel engineering team Communicate, align and expedite the relevant engineering disciplines towards the common goal of the Project.
- Work as a member of the Engineering Project Management Team supporting the Vessel EPM/Deputy Vessel EPM to deliver Vessel scope engineering design in a safe manner and to the agreed budget, schedule and quality.
- Supporting role on Vessel 3D model management and leader of the Vessel scope 30,60 and 90% model reviews.
- Manage and monitor all vessel engineering interfaces with Client or other third parties to ensure requirements are addressed.
- Manage interfaces with the Mooring and Topsides engineering Team.
- Assist the Vessel EPM to record baseline and changes in Vessel Engineering following the MOC processes.
- Partner with the Change Manager to ensure MOC is followed in the performance of engineering data work and provide engineering data to all changes.
- Proactively seek inputs from all engineering Disciplines for MOC data input opportunity and validity.
- Develop engineering data quality objectives for the project with new or updates KPIs to reflect the project engineering data management status
- Collect Lessons Learned throughout the execution of the Vessel Scope for the betterment of future Projects
- B.Sc. Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Naval or Marine Engineering
- Minimum 6 relevant years of experience in the Oil & Gas Upstream industry and EPC projects. Preferably, in FPSO & Cargo Tanker projects.
- Have basic experience in using NavisWorks Freedom or Simulate