Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Vendor Surveillance Quality Lead to work for major Onshore/offshore project (Brownfield & Greenfield scope). This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Responsible for implementing the QG project quality management program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s quality management system, during Vendor Procurement for Compression Platform (CP) Topsides as part of NFPS Compression EPC-2 project.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
- Analyse data effectively and decide on which information is relevant to Project
- Communication and influencing of various organizations acting globally in a multi-cultural environment
- Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
- Has high visibility to PMT Procurement Team and EPC Contractor. Recognizes that errors have significant impact on external parties.
Key Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Implement the Project Quality Plan and ensure the effective implementation of Contractor’s Project Quality Management System and procedures, relating to vendor procurement to ensure that all purchased equipment and materials are compliant with project specifications.
- Develop and implement a Procurement Surveillance Plan for all procured equipment and materials
- Reviewing and approving Vendors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures
- Ensuring the provision of inspection resources using QG approved Third Party Inspection Service (TPIS) agencies to conduct vendor surveillance inspections
- Ensure that inspection records are maintained in a procurement database
- Attending regular procurement meetings with Contractor and Vendors to monitor progress and review and resolve quality issues arising
- Implement Deficiency & NCR Management processes to ensure that deficiencies and non-conformances relating to vendor procurement are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to maintain compliance with project requirements
- Implement Quality Reporting process to monitor vendor quality performance; and to communicate and report on vendor quality performance, issues and risks, and developing trends to Head of Quality EPC-2 and PMT Procurement team
Actively participate in:
- Quality Audit Program to confirm that procurement activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans
- Lessons Learned process to continuously capture quality learnings from procurement activities and to use them to develop and optimise process or specification improvements
- Issues and Risks management to ensure that vendor quality issues and risks are captured and treated promptly and effectively
Maintain interfaces, including with:
- Yard Fabrication team to communicate any vendor quality issues requiring carry over work
- Welding & NDE Lead to ensure that welding related quality issues are identified, communicated and rectified
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on quality issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on quality performance generally
- Providing continual communication, coordination and advice to the Head of Quality EPC-2 and Procurement Team on vendor quality performance and the quality performance of the EPC-2 Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Conduct other quality related tasks as directed by EPC-2 Head of Quality or HSEQ Division Manager
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Additional quality, welding or NDE inspection related qualifications
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the development of major offshore production facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of quality or inspection relating to vendor surveillance
Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage development and implementation of Quality Management Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
- Ability to interact with project management team and Contractors confidently.
- Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills