Airswift has been tasked to recruit an Optimization Engineer for one of our major oil & gas client with the role requirements as below:
Role duration: I year contract
Value Chain Decision Support Engineers contributing to all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of support to technology commercialization. Comprehensive daily system optimization of all production facilities, especially as regards to gas offtake management. Drive delivery of the stated agenda: Safe and efficient production delivery from the proved developed reserve base. Provide expert optimization of all production and injection systems throughout projects. Identify and help to deliver plans for safe and efficient debottlenecking activities. Support a healthy options hopper to underpin efficient impact-reducing and optimization opportunities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides technology & support that span the supply chain
• Develops and supports operational scheduling & product blending applications, online equipment monitoring, real-time process optimization, crude oil assay data to support supply chain decisions, raw material acquisition tools & manufacturing facility run planning
• Sphere of Influence - Internal: Immediate work group and interfaces from other disciplines
• Sphere of Influence - External: Work effectively with partners and contractors in pursuit of efforts on the projects and assets they support. Participate in industry conferences that align with the individual's skills and business focus.
• Support project development from concept selection through commissioning and start-up and/or all phases of asset operational life through asset sale or decommissioning.
• Apply understanding of asset operations, and teamwork, communication, and presentation skills to develop and deliver cost effective technical support within the individual's core discipline.
• Apply results of research through Research Application support to Business Units.
• Serve as an internal consultant to Business Units.
• Document completed efforts such that others can leverage their work to enable efficient future similar efforts. Identify opportunities to improve work processes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline
- 1-2 years’ of closely related professional experience, energy industry experience is favorable
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in functional skills relevant to current work assignment in the planning, derived modelling, model validation, and scheduling or logistics technology areas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel highly favorable
- Role includes 24x7 'on-call' responsibility ("Duty Phone")
*Working rights in Australia will be needed due to covid restriction*