Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Utility Worker II to work in their facilities located in Rio Rancho, NM on a 3 months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Preforms routine serving and corrective maintenance of water and wastewater collection systems.
- Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, pumps, tools, and other stationary and portable equipment
- Preforms routine inspections of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machinery such as changing oil and greasing equipment.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul and spread sand, gravel, dirt and / or waste products ( sludge, product waste, packaging waste, etc.); digs and refills ditched and trenches.
- Carries or holds materials, supplies and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
- Maintains grounds and buildings; cuts grass, weeds and brush; trims trees and bushes; rakes grass, leaves and trash, seeds and cares for lawns and ornamental plantings.
- Understand and carries out oral and written directions
- Works safely and adheres to established safety procedures
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Ability to carry and respond to pages as requested by management
- Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, as requested, including being fit and able to respond to call-ins in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as required
Previous education & experience required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have CDL
- Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, farm machinery, pumps and equipment used in and around water and wastewater systems
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, structures, and buildings
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Work Schedule: 5/40 (possibly weekends and over-time)