Airswift — Utility Worker — Santa Fe, NM.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Utility Worker to join them on a 2-month contract (temporary position) located in Santa Fe, NM.
- Performs routine servicing and corrective maintenance of water/wastewater systems
- Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, pumps, tools, and other stationery and portable equipment
- Performs routine inspection of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machineries such as changing oil and greasing equipment
- Maintains grounds and buildings: cuts grass, weeds, and brush; trims trees and bushes; rakes grass, leaves and trash; seeds and cares for lawns and ornamental plantings
- Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul, and spread sand, gravel, dirt and digs and refills ditches and trenches
- Carries or holds materials, supplies, and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
- Maintains records to accurately reflect pump hours, gallons pumping rate, gallons of chemical applied, kilowatt-hours and facility appearance
- Installs water meters
- Reads and records water meter readings
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during other courses of work.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED Preferred Qualifications
- Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, farm machinery, pumps and equipment used in and around water and wastewater systems
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, structures, and buildings.