Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to work on a 18-months contract in Charleston, South Carolina.
The main function of a Manufacturing Technician is to perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible for performing line change overs and adjustments and filling in for Packaging Operators, as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Minimum (1) year of related experience, industrial experience not required, but preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical/problem solving skills required
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, creativity,
- Basic mathematical skills
- Team player with great attitude
- Detail oriented