Airswift is supporting one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Research Technician (chemist) to support the Component Process Development team in Global Technology. The position is currently posted for a 5 month contract, in Richmond, California.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform chemical reactions, execute blending experiments and perform chemical analysis on these samples.
- Work frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and applications.
- Use laboratory and analytical skills to complete experiments
- Maintain a high degree of independence, responsibility, reliability, and accountability in planning and reporting results of laboratory experiments.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Apply technical skills and experience routinely and collaborate with other research engineers/chemists.
- Rigorously adhere to safe laboratory work practices.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry (preferred) or related physical science.
- 1+ years of hands-on chemical, analytical, physical, and/or synthetic laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated accuracy in generating and reporting data.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, including preparing technical reports of scientific data.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance and multi-tasking behaviors.
- Proven experience working within a team environment and collaborating with other research chemists/physical scientists/engineers.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated behaviors and Operational Excellence.
- Local candidates to the Bay Area required.
- Masters degree in Chemistry
- 2+ years of hands-on chemical, analytical, physical, and/or synthetic laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in research and technical competency in organic chemistry, analytical techniques, and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in chemistry and laboratory skills on chemical analysis and chemical synthesis