Airswift is supporting one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Research Technician to support the R&D team of Applied Technology unit of Downstream Technology & Service.in Global Technology. The position is currently posted for a 5 month contract, in Richmond, California.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing various laboratory activities such as blending, filtration, and submission of oil/chemical/catalyst samples for various analytical tests (may use glove box).
- Need to lift five-gallon cans in sampling and blending.
- Performs calibration of reactor temperature with resistance temperature detector (RTD) probe during Research Unit testing.
- The position is dynamic and requires a variety of laboratory skills depending on the project business need.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively within team and across various departments to work safely and maximize productivity. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Demonstrated experience working in a safety sensitive laboratory environment and complying with safety-related guidelines. Able to wear respirator for chemical/catalyst handling
- Demonstrated track record in executing delicate laboratory work and generating data while maintaining accuracy and repeatability standards.
- Proven experience working within a team environment and drawing on knowledge and skills of other research engineers/chemists.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Proven ability to work well in team environments. Proficiency in basic computer technology and software (Microsoft office suite, data spreadsheets).
- Strong mechanical skills
- Previous Research Analyst experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent