The main function of procurement is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Procurement is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization.
- Execute purchase plan utilizing SAP
- Perform general office duties such as maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents
- Contact vendors by phone and place credit card orders
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Provide relief to other Buying positions
- This is not all inclusive of tasks that will be assigned but it is the base responsibilities
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- This candidate must have great customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum Required Education:
- Associates Degree
Highly Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- SAP (this individual will spend most of their day directly working with SAP).
Assignment Duration: 12-month duration.
Work Location: Port Arthur, TX
Work Schedule: 5/40