Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 10-month assignment (9/80 schedule – will initially work remotely and then follow local return to office plan).
The Expatriate Tax Analyst reports directly to the Expatriate Tax Services Team Lead in Finance Shared Services (FSS) Payroll group, which includes expatriates and inpatriates. The Expatriate Tax Services Team supports Global businesses through the delivery of efficient, reliable mobility services including effective tax planning and compliance, financial reporting and equitable application of policies for mobile workforce and their families. This position will apply solid accounting and finance knowledge, strong analytical, teamwork and communication skills, to assist in the delivery of efficient, cost effective and compliant expatriate tax services.
- Support the delivery of expatriate tax services, payroll reporting, funding services in collaboration with Finance and HR teams.
- Facilitate the collection and resolution of expatriate tax receivables.
- Analyze the general ledger for required journal entries.
- Assist in the communication, collection and analysis of benefits-in-kind from reporting units.
- Resolve questions on compensation from tax vendor, including preparing necessary payroll entries.
- Record tax equalization settlements in payroll or via accounting entries and conduct audits for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage process for non-US tax payments.
- Support the day-to-day relationships with vendors, KPMG and IAS, including, but not limited to, policy application, process improvements, and employee escalations.
- Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key cause and effect,
- Ability to utilize systems and data to investigate imbalances, identify root cause and propose resolutions.
- Demonstrated abilities manipulating data with Excel, PowerBI or other tools. Strong attention to detail is imperative.
- Effectively expresses thoughts and ideas verbally and in written communications.
- Ability to present detailed or complex information in a clear and concise manner, with a variety of audiences including management and business partners in a manner that is easily understood.
- 8-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 8+ years of experience in expatriate & shadow payroll, either in public accounting or industry positions.