Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking to hire a Financial Specialist to work in a 12 months contract position in San Ramon, CA.
- Interview Process: WebEx or Team's Interview.
- Remote work for the beginning of the assignment.
- The main responsibility of this role will be the direct support of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and associated leadership team with providing financial and operational reports and analysis. This includes cost-benefit analysis, financial analysis and forecasting in addition to working on special projects. The role will partner with other Financial Shared Services (FSS) groups to deliver superior finance support and analysis to the Technical Center leadership team and within the company'sTechnical Center (CTC) Finance and Planning group.
- Identify and track value drivers and make recommendations for improvement
- Drive good decision making through financial analysis and insights
- Partner with the function to identify and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Improve financial fluency and acumen within the organization
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Extensive data analytics experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software (SAP) Appio, Target Process, Fieldglass and Microsoft Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Excel, PowerApps and Power BI.
- Ability to analyze financial information, uncover variance drivers, provide thoughtful and insightful analysis and recommend or determine a course of action.
- Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models.
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements.
- Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery or objectives
- Corporate Finance/Accounting, Public Accounting or Advisory experience Experience with internal controls practices and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley testing
- Experience in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance business processes
- Practicing knowledge of Accounting policies/procedures (including US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting and affiliate accounting).