Our client, a major Upstream company within the Oil & Gas Industry, is seeking to hire a Dispatcher III to work in a 12-months contract position located in Port Arthur, TX.
The main function of the dispatcher is to direct and coordinate field activities.
- Work with shore base logistics personnel to ensure proper coordination of MODU equipment and personnel requirements.
- Compiles, verifies or assists in the compilation of all materials and personnel movements documentation, including 7 day planner, group loading lists, manifests, returns notes, TDG documentation etc and maintains comprehensive and accurate records of all material inventory, rental equipment and material movements to/from the installation.
- Liaison with vessels operating in the field as relates to logistical issues.
- Plans and maintains crew change rotation for Company offshore personnel and contractors.
- Plans and manages all offshore marine and helicopter operations, personnel movements, crew changes and POB control on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent phone skills and the ability to multi-task; handling many drivers at the same time.
- Computer data entry skills and able to learn and utilize technology.
- QV21 dispatch software required.
- Map reading skills and geographic knowledge in order to assist driver navigation.
- Must ensure prompt investigation and resolution of complaints and incidents in compliance with company policy.
- Degree in an engineering discipline is preferred
- 5-7 years of inspection experience in the Oil & Gas Industry