Our client, a Chemical company, is seeking 2 Turnaround Permit Coordinators to work a short-term assignment in Joffre, AB
The Turnaround Permit Coordinator will support turnaround execution Operations permit issuance. Permit issuance will align to work execution activities identified and linked in a Primavera schedule. The Primavera schedule will integrate all Turnaround, Engineering Services, Maintenance and Operations scope and activities planned for the Turnaround Event.
Turnaround Execution Phase
- As part of the onsite execution team, work with Operations, and Maintenance to support execution schedule
- Coordinate and mentor a group of Permit Writers.
- Align permit priorities to schedule progress and critical path.
- Prepare and write work permits based upon Primavera schedule look ahead, and permit requests entered by shift.
- Interface with Permit Receivers to document and develop effective permit documents.
- Perform gas testing and issue permits for work that is not dependent upon LOTO or hazardous energy control.
- Act as gatekeeper for shared, controlled documents required for permitting.
- Share current plant hazards and conditions with permit receivers, while maintain close communications with system Operators.
- Respond to routine requests for information.
- Track and document actuals for permit requests, and issuances by shift.
- Field audit work permits for compliance, and quality.
- Assist with shift Safety Observations to trend safety in the area.
- Attend daily shift starter meetings.
- File "Closed" work permits.
- Assist Operations coordinators with schedule status updates.
- Assists with incident investigations as required by client.
The successful candidate will have a minimum:
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and 5+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience. or
- Related work Permit Writer/Supervisor roles with 3+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience issuing work permits.
The following attributes are required:
- Proven capacity to coordinate and mentor a team of workers.
- Proven competence related to the issuance/receiving of work permits in an industrial turnaround environment.
- High level understanding of plant system processes.
- Ability to read P&ID’s.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate permit conversations that end with a quality permit issuance.
- Able to work 6x12 hour day or night shifts.
- Embrace respectful workplace conditions.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
- Primavera TAPS
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Turnaround experience
- Filling 2 positions
- Turnaround pre-work phase hours of work will be Mon -Thurs 10-hour days
- Turnaround execution phase hours of work will be 12-hour shifts.