Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Turnaround Operator to work within their facilities located in Lacombe County, AB for a 3-month assignment.
The Turnaround Operator will support Turnaround Operations activities. The Turnaround Operator will receive a temporary qualification to be responsible for a process system for the duration of the Ethylene One (E1) 2021 Turnaround.
The Turnaround System Operator will be a fully embedded member of the Operations Turnaround Execution Team and report to the Lead Operations Turnaround Coordinator. Daily operating instructions will be provided by the Cracking Area Operations coordinator and Finishing area Operations Coordinator. The Turnaround System Operator will work closely with the Turnaround Operations and Mechanical Teams.
Turnaround Pre-work Phase
- Onboard and build competency in the Company’s Safe Work Procedures and turnaround procedures for control of hazardous energy and permit issuance.
- Onboard and develop working knowledge of all E1 operating and turnaround systems.
- Complete condensed operator training and familiarize with the assigned operating system.
- Review detailed Operation system preparation and re-commission procedures.
- Review work scope and permit requirements for the assigned operating system.
- Complete a temporary turnaround qualification, once certified will enable the independent operation of equipment aligned to specific the Company’s plant equipment.
Turnaround Execution Phase
- Shutdown, prepare, and re-commission operating systems for turnaround execution.
- Follow detailed system preparation and re-commission procedures, this could include and not limited to:
- Nitrogen purge to remove flammables.
- Steam out and decontamination activities.
- Completing chemical clean steps in coordination with chemical clean vendors.
- Identification of process and chemical clean waste for disposal.
- Complete sampling activities to determine the end point of decontamination.
- Leak testing and O2 freeing.
- Detailed line-up checks and return to service documentation.
- Actively pursue the reduction of spills and unplanned releases in operating system.
- Align shift priorities to meet turnaround schedule progress and critical path.
- Maintain an accurate log of activities completed and in progress.
- Report spills and environmental incidents to the Company’s Unit Operations Leader.
- Initiate containment protocol for spills and leaks.
- Complete Company’s Mastercard/ LOTO to ensure equipment is been safely prepared for execution work.
- Confirm zero energy and issue work permits based upon Primavera schedule for the execution of turnaround work.
- Respond to routine requests for information.
- Field audit work permits for compliance, and quality.
- Assist with shift Safety Observations to trend safety in the area.
- Attend daily shift starter meetings.
- Identify lessons learned.
- Assists with incident investigations as required by client.
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and 5+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience. Related industrial trade certification will be considered an asset
- Turnaround experience
- Chemical clean experience
- Previous experience in a petrochemical asset
- Proven capacity to complete tasks aligned to a complex tank farm.
- Proven competence related to the issuance of work permits in an industrial turnaround environment.
- High level understanding of plant system processes.
- Ability to read P&ID’s.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate permit conversations that end with a quality permit issuance.
- Able to work 6x12 hour day or night shifts.
- Embrace respectful workplace conditions.
- Turnaround pre-work phase hours of work will be Mon -Thurs 10-hour days.
- Turnaround execution phase hours of work will be 12-hour shifts.