Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Turnaround Mechanical Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Joffre, AB for an 18-month assignment.
The Mechanical Coordinator will support turnaround Phases from Planning, Execution to demobilization for their respective unit of accountabilities for that event. As a member of the assigned event core leadership team, the Mechanical Coordinator will ensure the committed resources from their area or discipline support the overall requirements of the turnaround. This individual will be accountable for their area or discipline performance in support of the turnaround KPI’s as well as share responsibility for the other core leadership members’ areas or disciplines.
- Provide overall leadership for the mechanical turnaround organization, and work with the Turnaround Execution Manager to ensure issues are resolved as they arise.
- Scope development to support contract and acquisition led by technical procurement.
- Develop scalable resource plan for discipline organization and work with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering services to ensure alignment of execution strategies in advance of planning efforts.
- Assist Lead Planner with resource loading based on event schedule.
- Onboard Block Coordinators for the assigned event.
- Incorporate reviewed and approved scope changes in their area of accountability.
- Ensure the turnaround delivers the increase in mechanical integrity and reliability required to support the business needs of the unit.
- Focal point for integration at the mechanical discipline level for the MW turnaround execution while supporting execution priorities (safety, quality, schedule, costs).
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Monitor contractor quality performance and take corrective action if required.
- Drive adherence to the mechanical execution schedule as well as maintain awareness of other functions and intervene when appropriate.
- Communicate effectively, within the turnaround organization, the turnaround scope, key performance indicators, expectations, schedule, and all changes to the schedule. Schedules will be updated twice daily.
- Attend all necessary meetings throughout the phase to ensure consistent updates are presented and concerns are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Support discipline supervisor to monitor contractor performance against pre-determined metrics and take corrective action if required.
- Approve contractor costs within level of authority and support cost control specialists with corrective actions.
- Drive consistency within the discipline.
- Maintain oversight of all discipline specific activities.
- Escalate issues to leadership as necessary.
- Support Lead Scheduler to monitor execution performance and scheduling of discovery work.
- Final approval of system work completion.
- Accredited trade certification and Red seal is an asset.
- 10 years of experience is an asset.
- Must be Self-motivated with strong planning, organizational and time management skills in performing activities and completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to offer practical solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated strong willingness to take initiative and a self-directed worker, able to positively lead and influence various teams.
- Demonstrated decision making and strong problem-solving skills.
Work Schedule: Initially Monday to Friday (7:30 AM to 4 PM) – possible OT