Airswift is seeking a Turnaround Cost Controller to work on a 18-month contract with a major Chemicals Company in Alberta - Canada.
Reporting to the Turnaround Manager, this role will manage the cost control system for turnarounds, which includes budget preparation, forecasting expenditures, and tracking and reporting costs to the turnaround manager. Your involvement in each turnaround lasts the entire turnaround cycle, from project creation to project close-out.
Day to day responsibilities:
- budget development at each phase of the turnaround as per current standards and guidelines.
- manage cash flow and report actual vs. planned expenditures as per the established schedule (monthly, weekly, and daily during execution).
- Assess all aspects of turnaround costs across the life of the turnaround, including actual, committed, and forecasted costs.
- Responsible for specific Turnaround event budgets and forecasting in support of the Event Manager
- Create and manage work orders and purchase orders for turnaround overheads.
- Effective management of invoices and timesheets to allow accurate forecasting.
- Manage a transparent process of allocation of appropriate turnaround costs to capital projects, as per existing guidelines.
- Act as a resource for time entry questions and provide guidance to the cost control support role
- Provide overall coordination to ensure timely and accurate reporting of labour costs.
Previous experience and education required:
- Certified cost professional through AACE (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering) or working towards certification, or supporting diploma or degree, or combination of education and related experience.
- Expertise in SAP modules Project Systems and Maintenance Planner.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office software.
- Understanding of plant organization and project management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize data in a high activity environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact within different levels of business and plant personnel, both internally and externally.
- Ability to act independently within guidelines of strategies and procedures contained in the turnaround manual.