Airswift has been tanked by one of its key clients to find an experienced Turnaround Buyer/Expeditor to join their team on a 8-month contract assignment working in Deer Park. TX.
Individual is to support the Requisition to Pay (RtP) process to ensure all purchasing requirements are met to meet turnaround requirements for services and materials. The Buyer/Expeditor will be responsible to support the end-to-end cycle from the time the purchase is requested through to completion of delivery/services and invoicing by verifying that all workflows are processed in a timely manner.
The individual will resolve RtP / workflow issues with Requisitioners, Procurement Staff, Vendors, Tax and Finance, and ensure that RtP processes are understood and followed. The analyst will also hold the ERP super user role for procurement of Goods and Services (PGS) processes and will operate as the subject matter expert for the GSAP and Ariba systems as they related to the PGS processes.
- Create Purchase Orders (PO’s) from approved PR’s within the timeframe required based on urgency of the order. Ensure correct delivery dates, Incoterms, payment terms, etc. are captured in the purchase order.
- Verify that all orders receive confirmation from the vendors following receipt of order within requirements set forth to the vendors, following escalation process for any non-responsive suppliers
- Follow up on Parked and blocked reports and guide users to complete process. Maintain Manual and Auto POs (price / quantity update) and resolve any associated queries on a timely basis. Liaise closely with business community, finance and Accounts Payable to resolve noncompliant POs and delayed payments.
- Ensure workflow items received are dealt with efficiently and effectively. Execute efficient follow−up process to ensure workflow issues are driven to closure.
- Ensure the correct and most efficient RtP Channel (ERP, GCC) is used to execute transactional requirements.
- Act as gatekeeper for any new Vendor requests and ensure that only absolutely critical vendors are unblocked / created to issue POs.
- Manage all open order reporting for the turnaround to ensure delivery dates are met that align with turnaround execution timeframe, including expediting activities as required.
- Assist in assessing Tax implications for all relevant Purchase Orders.
- Identify opportunities to maximize use of ERP automation capabilities.
- Estimated third party spend to be managed for the event over $100mln, with services and materials to be procured from 100+ vendors. Role requires ability to prioritize and monitor open orders to ensure close-out of requirements occurs.
- Partnership with event leadership team and planners for the event required to assist in prioritizing demand and escalations with suppliers. Role will be tied into activities of supply chain delivery team for full end-to-end support of procurement.
- Individual would be required to work onsite, on a 13 day 1 day off, 12 hour day schedule during turnaround execution.
- Extensive experience of RtP processes and ERP (GSAP) system functionality.
- Knowledge of the contracts and category strategies for commodities that are being supported.
- Knowledge of sourcing, experience with supplier negotiations preferred.
- Knowledge of Master Data requirements and set up of processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business-related field preferred