Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Construction Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Lacombe County, AB for a 7-month assignment.
The Turnaround Block Coordinator provides direction and leadership to major component of or complete discipline(s) work force. Has detailed knowledge of work force scope under their direction. Ensure overall approaches, strategies, guidelines, and procedures are utilized appropriately by the work force to meet or exceed turnaround KPIs and objectives. Participate in the planning and scheduling process to become aware of and provide input into final agreements.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- As assigned by the turnaround supervision or turnaround leader, organize field coordinators, lead hands, and individuals in understanding and applying work plans and schedules.
- Provide direction on who and how work will be divided up to meet turnaround expectations. within the assigned block
- Monitor and audit overall progress of all work in a specific block and ensure work is being carried out safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure established practices for work execution are followed and provide direction of turnaround management systems, which are required to ensure that overall work meets the requirements of turnaround.
- Work with other block- coordinators to adjust activities and approaches to coordinate known priorities. Work with discipline coordinators to identify common issues or problems impacting overall ability to meet turnaround requirements and make recommendations to supervision to initiate changes
- Identify and communicate any worker performance concerns to the appropriate coordinator for resolution. May initiate interim actions to address immediate issues. Act as resource for field coordinators, lead hands, and individuals where work performance is a concern.
- Monitor required updates of work progress and initiate corrective actions to maintain overall schedule by adjusting or moving resources and equipment within their direction. Request additional resources or request reductions as required.
- Initiate appropriate actions to resolve any work package issues that inhibit work from being completed as planned.
- Lead daily planning with field coordinators, lead hands or work groups. Ensure upcoming work is aligned with schedule, communicated, and steps or activities are assigned to ensure work progresses effectively. Proactively anticipate what will help.
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification in a related field
- 10+ years of maintenance or construction coordination experience preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional Responsible Care® performance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing operations.
- Familiar with applicable Safety Codes, Acts and Regulations.
- Attention to detail and initiative.
- Strong communication and influence skills.
- Strong results orientation.
- Computer proficiency in SAP and MS office applications.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Recognize own limitations and seek assistance from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Schedule: Initially Monday to Friday (7:30 AM to 4 PM) – possible OT