Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 60 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by Allied Marine & Industrial Inc. Located at t 1 Lake Road, Port Colborne Ont. L3K 1A2 to recruit for the position of Turbo Charger Specialist
There are two Turbo Charger Specialist positions
Location: 1 Lake Road, Port Colborne Ont. L3K 1A2, and throughout the province, depending on Client project and needs.
Pay Range: $40.00 per hour – $45 per hour dependent on work experience and education.
NET Retention Bonus: Discretionary bonus would include both yearly profit share (Not applicable to overtime hours)
Benefits: Short Term housing provided, Health & Dental Coverage provided.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Term of Employment: Full-time
Purpose & Accountabilities:
Responsible for carrying out Mechanical Shop, Rotating Shop, and Manufacturing activities in a safe and cost-effective manner.
For the Marine & Industrial Sector
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables
- Reverse engineer parts/equipment from no drawing or material specifications
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Write and provide detailed technical service reports of the equipment repaired
- Ensures that all work is performed according to the company’s and OHSA Safety Policies
- Follows safe and efficient procedures that comply with all relevant design/production related codes
- Follows the company’s ISO 9001 related activities and programs
- Ensures that quality related corrective and preventative actions are initiated and completed
- Ensures that work is completed in an efficient, cost-effective manner and meets all quality control standards
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with customers and co-workers
- Identifies and recommends innovative solutions to problems
- Ensures items manufactured are in accordance with written procedures
- Other duties as instructed by the Rotating Shop Foreman, General Foreman, and others.
Knowledge and Experiences:
- Training certification or qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or in a related field, training courses relevant to turbochargers is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in related position, industry knowledge, and preferably having worked on large and medium engine turbo chargers (KBB, ABB, MAN, Napier etc.)
Skills & Requirements:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Good inter-personal people skills
- Courteous business-like attitude
- Knowledge of shipboard requirements to assess and evaluate repairs during emergency breakdowns
- Knowledge of Machine Shop practice
- Mathematical skills
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Multi-tasking abilities
To Apply for this position please apply online or email
Danielle Moraes at firstname.lastname@example.org t: +1 403 532 9260