Our client, a major chemicals company, is looking for an expeditor to work on a 12-months contract in Joffre, AB.
- Manage and monitor all purchase order requirements for Operations and Maintenance relating to POs which include MIDs, Repairs, Rush Orders, Stock, Outages and Turnarounds.
- Manage and monitor all Purchase Orders for Engineered items relating to documentation, equipment/material deliverables, testing and Inspection, as well as coordination of the shipping and receiving of materials.
- Expediting minimal documentation, equipment/material deliverables, as well as coordination of Inspection, shipping and receiving of materials.
- Determining the Expediting Level.
- Arranging meetings/alignment meetings, where applicable.
- Proactive expediting of suppliers and sub-suppliers, by phone, e-mail, and meetings to keep suppliers on track to meet milestones - to ensure the right materials go to the right place at the right time.
- Provide Expediting practices, coverage, backup, and support to all regions (ME, MW and MS).
- Receive and review supplier schedule(s) and document requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records using company’s SharePoint, SAP, PSR (weekly) and filing in Outlook.
- Identifies issues and or potential issues that arise in day-to-day work that may affect the supplier’s ability to meet their contractual delivery date and participate in the resolution and communicate with the end-user/stakeholder.
- Work with the project team, end-users, stakeholders, suppliers, sub-vendors to implement any approved changes to the supplier delivery date.
- Makes independent decisions relating to planning, organizing, and completing difficult assignments along with reviewing and evaluating recommendations proposed by others.
- Interface and provide support (as required) with Supplier, Strategic or Service Center Buyer, Project Procurement Coordinator, Project Manager, Document Control, Engineering, Project Controls/Scheduling, Inspection, Construction, Customs Compliance, Logistics, Receiving and Accounting.
- Identify, coordinate and manage Change Management by following the Supplier Query Process, when applicable.
- Receiving confirmation through SAP good receipt (GR) or Proof of Delivery (POD), and invoicing resolution of GR items not received in SAP.
- On time delivery (OTD) resolution.
- Assist with Purchase Orders that have been blocked when the Buyer requires Expediting’s support.
- Close out activities.
- Apply Responsible Care procedures relevant to their area of work.
- High School diploma or GED
- University graduate with minimal experience or 4-5 years combination of education and related experience, e.g. 5-7 years’ experience, or diploma and 2-3 years’ experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and exceptional written and oral presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to generate results through collaboration and influence decisions while respecting the roles and experience of multiple project personnel.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with SAP would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the EPCM and heavy industry expediting practices and systems would be considered an asset, as would experience with Maintenance planning