We are seeking skilled Truck Mechanics for Port Hedland. The main focus of these roles will be helping keep our modern fleet of Prime movers operational and serviced, maintained and repaired as needed in accordance with requirements. On offer is a FIFO roster from Perth 2 and 1 or FIFO from other states on a 4 and 2.
- Carry out truck and trailer scheduled servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain fleet paper trail on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend fleet roadside breakdowns
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Maintenance of company vehicles and mechanical aids
- maintenance schedule and operating manuals/procedures..
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Trucks
- Experience in a heavy industry transport or mining environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
This work is ongoing and could lead to permanent contracts after a probation period for the right candidates
All candidates must display an exemplary attitude to safety and have the ability to pass pre employment medicals and be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing.
Please note only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for these roles. Vaccine mandates apply