Location - Brisbane, QLD
Duration - 4 Month Contract
Planning and upgrading of Brisbane Bus transportation system across the Brisbane Region. The candidate would be involved in heling deliver the goals of the Transport Plan for Brisbane through development of the long-term active transport network plan, implementation of this plan and providing technical advice on transport matters.
- Scoping and reviewing upgrades to allow project Manager to focus on completing the priority sectors of bus systems across Brisbane.
- Provide strategic advice on bus stops and auditing bus stops to check compliance.
- Managing customer enquiries relating to bus stop changes.
- Ability to contribute to team direction, work autonomously, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and the principles of transport and land use planning and the ability to apply this knowledge to transport planning tasks.
- Well-developed written, verbal communication and customer service skills including ability to liaise appropriately with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to quickly acquire proficiency in IT software programs, including Geographical Information Systems, data analysis and management and interpretation of the research.
- Ability in delivering presentations, consultation, communication, and negotiation with stakeholders on transport planning issues of moderate complexity.
- Ability to manage projects to be completed on time and within budget.
- Tertiary qualifications or substantial progress towards qualifications in a relevant discipline including Engineering or Urban Planning.