Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Training and Development Advisor III to join them on a 12-month contract in Markham, ON.
A Training and Development Advisor is accountable for project work, including but not limited to training course instructional design and development, graphic design, video design and development, the use of new technologies in learning and best practice research & recommendations.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Technical Training courses
- Creation of eLearning, instructor-led and blended learning content for both field and office employees
- Responsible for the creation and editing of new video learning content
- Research best practices and implement new methods to augment learning and increase customer satisfaction
- Conducts needs assessments, create storyboards, and evaluate the effectiveness of training courses
- Update and revise existing training courses and videos
- Creation of learning aids and communications
- Collaborate with internal clients and external parties to implement new technical training policies and procedures
- Project management lead on various initiatives for Technical Training, including external agencies and authorities
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions for subject matter advisors and field/office trainers
- Responsible for adherence to materials management system, publishing, versioning, and controls of training content
- Post-secondary education in Instructional Design, and/or Adult Learning, and/or Teaching/Training at a recognized college or university is required
- A minimum of 6 years of experience (or equivalent) in Learning Design and Development
- Strong background and sound knowledge of instructional design principles and their application at a workplace environment
- A strong background in video creation and editing utilizing Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or equivalent is required
- Experience in conducting needs assessments, identifying training/performance gaps, designing effective learning solutions/tools for clients, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning interventions
- Experience and strong knowledge in a variety of eLearning development tools and other content related software such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion and others
- Experience in audio narration recording and editing
- Experience with managing content on learning management systems
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated networking abilities
- Ability to research and implement new and improved training tools and/or products
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to establish credibility and develop good rapport with internal clients and external parties.
- CTDP or CTP certification would be considered an asset
Working from home during COVID restrictions. Once offices re-open, working in an office setting in Markham, ON with limited local travel on occasion.