Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Training Analyst to work on a 12-months contract in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the Competency Assurance Program (CAP) Manager and as a member of the Training and Competency Assurance team. This Training and Competency Assurance Analyst role is accountable for the implementation of the corporate competency assurance program at the site level. This role will require a person to become a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of the corporate program. Working directly with our company clients, duties will include coaching through the templated processes involved in CAP and coordination of the work that will be required for full implementation. Workplans and training will be provided to the successful candidate. Additionally, this role will include governance documents, standards and workflow process editing.
- Work with our clients to develop CAP project schedules that have clear and achievable targets.
- Create workplans that drive consistent and systematic program implementation at the entity level.
- Provide Company entities clear direction on resources available within our corporate library and how to use the available tools and templates.
- Coach and assess entities on the current state of their programs and gap closure required to achieve full CAP compliance
- Support the entities and they build out Job Profiles that are in alignment with CAP
- Conduct gap assessments on in scope training profiles
- Guide entities in choosing the appropriate curriculum for each job profile
- Coordinate the work required to keep site level documentation aligned to our corporate CAP repository for Job Profiles
- Plan site level working sessions as required to execute full implementation the program
- Guide the entities through local self-verification, competency gap assessments and monitoring checks
- Cochair Stakeholder meetings as required, and foster a collaborative network of training specialists with the goal of extracting efficiencies and driving consistency across Competency Assurance activities
- maintain the corporate competency matrix that accurately represents Job Profiles within your client group
- Support the assessor program and work that is required to establish a solid Assessor base at each entity and within each CAP discipline
- Support the corporate level Formal Assessor training program and the effort to coordinate and schedule this training as required at the site level.
- Support the CAP Revalidation Process such that it is sustained at the entity level.
- As an Ambassador for our company work culture, consistently demonstrate the expected competencies and associated behaviors of a frontline leader.
- Support Instructional Designers in development and revisions of corporate standard awareness training
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Periodical site travel to the United States of America may be required
- 3+ years of related experience in Competency Assurance Governance
- Gas and Oil experience and familiar with common operational processes within the industry will be an asset.
- Ability to take initiative to manage a project with clients across various gas and oil disciplines
- Presentation skills with the ability to deliver to a large audience, including site-level training teams
- A combination of formal education in adult learning and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of operating management systems or COIMS.
- Document Management System background is an asset
- Learning Management System background an asset
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), SharePoint 2013 and Power BI