The Topsides Structural Construction Engineer will be overall responsible for provision of technical oversight / assurance for structural construction work-scopes, during overall fabrication cycle of the ACE Topsides Deck.
Specific responsibilities as follows;
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to company’s HSE policy.
- Implement COMPANY HSE standards through self-verification and oversight activities across the fabrication facility, ensuring investigation and follow-up where required.
- Provide technical construction oversight and assurance during structural fabrication activities. Specific focus will be required across Lift calculations, and approval of such, for heavy and engineered lifts (Key requirement).
- Perform the role of focal-point for Topsides Jacking and Load-out process including calculation verification and overall readiness to execute (Key requirement).
- Build an excellent working relationship with Construction Contractor and EPC Contractor representatives. Work to ensure all interfaces are working collaboratively and realising best results to maintain construction progress. Input to Contractors day-to-day prioritization of scope ensure optimum resources allocation.
- Liaise on a ‘day-to-day’ basis with COMPANY Topsides Construction Lead, raise adverse trends/events throughout the construction cycle and areas affecting construction progress. Actively work with all required parties to achieve timely resolution.
- Perform the role of COMPANY Construction representative during the formal Mechanical Completion (MC) walkdown and sign-off process across structural elements. Coordinate punch-list close-out with Contractor.
- Ensure readiness reviews are conducted prior to defined construction activities. Input to construction risk identification and management and owns construction risk action plans.
- Identify areas for optimising fabrication work processes across structural fabrication scope. Drive process improvement activities with appropriate teams and realise measurable results. Leverage and adopt the ‘agile’ framework for successful project delivery.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Demonstrable structural construction & engineering competencies with exemplary levels of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of execution across international fabrication facilities, including proven relationship-building and interface management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of resolving HSE issues related to on-site fabrication activities.
- Sound understanding of Construction Practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani required.
- Previous experience in similar role and/or working in Fabrication Yards in Azerbaijan would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the Agile Tool-Kit (ie: Scrum, Kanban) and associated ways of working would be a distinct advantage.