Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Project Cost Controller to work on a 4+ months (subjected to extension) contract in Ingleside, Texas.
- Develop cost profiles in alignment with the Schedule. Provide periodic Time-Phased Budgets to Finance; report on variances to this Cost Baseline.
- Interface and establish a relationship with contractor cost control team; work with contractor cost controller(s) to establish accurate and efficient project reporting and KPI's.
- Review and analyze contractor cost reports to assess performance and forecast impacts; ensure contract cost reporting requirements are met.
- Evaluate proposed change orders; analyze/challenge legitimacy and accuracy of proposed cost impacts.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions and manage POs.
- Steward Budget and Forecast in Base Currency; Convert to CAD Equivalent at Project FX Rates. Monitor FX impacts to support required Budget Changes (re. FX Allowance)
- Assess incurred costs for various contract types considering money expended, the value of work done, earned value, rules of credit, progress between milestones, etc
- Support estimating exercises in consultation with the Estimating Team (e.g. rebase line estimates; Small Estimate Form (SEF) Procedure)
- Coordinate with the Cost Control Manager in supporting internal/external requirements/requests from various stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership, partners, Finance, SCM, etc.). Deliverable examples include the Program Cost Report, Annual Budget / Long Range Plan updates, AFE Supplements, SCM Contract Reports, materials for ad-hoc presentations/reviews with senior leadership and partners, etc.
- High School diploma or GED - Preferably Bachelor of Engineering or Business; P. Tech
- 10 years of relevant Cost Control experience in a project environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Understanding of the function of all Project Controls disciplines (i.e. Schedule, Estimating, Risk, and Change Management) and how they work together.
- Forward thinking - Acute forecasting focus; ability to leverage experiences to for-see problems and implement solutions proactively; constant improvement mindset.
- Skill in presenting to audiences of varying stakeholder disciplines is required.
- Works Collaboratively - This position requires interfacing with multiple different teams, companies, and stakeholders.
- Analytical, critical, and logical.
- Ability to multitask.
- Works well under pressure.
- Professional Engineer or CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- Project Management Professional - PMP or Equivalent
- AACEI Certification - CCP, CCT
- Experience working in Topsides fabrication projects.