Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an TM - Mechanical Static Engineer- 4 to join their team on a 40 days assignment working in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance to regulatory requirements covering pressure equipment including new construction, repairs and alterations
- Mechanical engineering support to turnaround
- Equipment in scope could include piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and heaters, plus potentially flares and a storage sphere depending on the assigned plant area
- Provide engineering support in the identification and assessment of damage mechanisms typical to plant equipment
- Responsible for equipment re-rating, fitness for service evaluations, and remaining life assessments
- Provide engineering support for the development of inspection and repair plans.
- Implementation of MOC process as MOC focal or technical reviewer
- Provide technical input to ensure adherence to Group standards
- Perform failure investigations and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of pressure vessel and piping design and in-service inspection codes and standards (ASME, API)
- Able to interpret inspection and NDE data to determine required repairs
- Willingness to inspect equipment internally and perform other field inspections
- Familiarity with Design and Engineering Practices (DEPs)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 5-10 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects.
- Skills with software such as Caesar II and PVElite would be an asset
- Familiar with a variety of the discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.