Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 2-5 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks for a specific project phase. Works under general supervision. Technical assurance review is required for the majority of the work products. Has an understanding of how the particular discipline interfaces / integrates with the overall project work scope. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Microsoft Power Apps Application Developer -The Microsoft Power Apps Application Developer will report to the Digitalization Business Opportunity Manager and receive direction from the Data Analytics Lead as part of an Agile Product Development process. Power Apps projects will be pulled in priority sequence from the site’s backlog of opportunities (Fit4MTO). These will be managed to optimize the Scotford asset as-a-whole, while progressing each department’s efficiency at a regular cadence. There are lots of competing priorities in this role and the incumbent is expected to support the team balance and deliver on these priorities. Balancing the needs of different stakeholders and effectively prioritizing the Power Apps worklist will be crucial for success. Scotford will provide necessary documentation and access to online information and all other required drawings and documentation necessary to perform the job functions.
SCOPE OF WORK : Scotford is an industrial site located near Fort Saskatchewan (Northeast of Edmonton), Alberta in Canada. Scotford consists of the following operating units: Chemicals, Refinery, Upgrader, and Upgrader Expansion Operations. The Scotford Upgrader receives its feed from the Albian Sands Mine located in northern Alberta and produces synthetic Crude and Vacuum Gas Oil products. Some of these products are sent to the Scotford Refinery which produces refined petroleum products such as gasoline, jet fuel, diesel and Benzene. The Scotford Chemicals facility receives its feedstock from the Scotford Refinery as well as from other sources in Alberta and North America. The Chemicals facility produces primarily Mono Ethylene Glycol and Styrene Monomer which is sold throughout North America. The Scotford Site employs 1500+ staff and contractors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Translate business needs to technical specifications
• Designing, developing and maintaining Power Apps solutions
• Coach and mentor site staff in Power Apps usage & skill development
• Evaluate and improve existing PowerApps solutions
• Collaborate with teams to integrate systems like SharePoint, Power Automate, MS Teams
• Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
• Responsible for design methodology and project technical documentation Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years’ IT experience with designing and developing solutions.
• Ability to develop PowerApps Canvas Application
• Ability to develop model driven application with Common Data Service (MS Structured Database) for specific environments
• Understanding of how to utilize standard connectors
• Understanding of how to use premium connectors
• Ability to create MS Flows
• Understanding of PowerApps and Flow native Data Loss Prevention Policies
• Ability to complete Unit Testing, Functional testing and to support baseline testing against rules
• Ability to set up SQL Databases, Create Stored procedures and data views
• Knowledge of Access / Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Understanding of SPO and PowerApps Canvas Apps within SPO to replace
• Ability to analyze existing Shadow IT Solutions (Excel + VBA / Access 2010) design and redesign into a Canvas PowerApp
• Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management
• Understanding of Microsoft products - Logic Apps, O365 and integration points, Azure + DevOps (VSTS)
Good to have
• Ability to develop PowerApps Custom Connector - –
• Understanding of PowerBI and ability to integrate with the underlying data area
• Ability to create test scripts and to complete all required application testing.