Our client, a major Oil & Energy company, is seeking a Timekeeper to work on a 10-month contract in Covington, LA.
The professional will be a member of the Payroll team and will ensure the timely processing of payroll primarily utilizing SAP and Excel.
- Time administration for a large population of salaried exempt/non-exempt and hourly employees.
- Conducts various payroll audits per payroll deadlines to ensure compliance with payroll policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Be the primary contact for employees' and managers' questions with regards to time/pay policies and guidelines.
- Audits time entries/time records before four rigid payroll-closing deadlines per month.
- Acts as liaison between employees, HR, and Corporate Payroll regarding payroll matters, and partners with other time administrators, and assists when applicable.
- Runs time approval and pay reports on time to meet FLSA/SOX requirements.
- Manages short-term employee disability time coding.
- Conducts SAP time/pay and payroll training when needed.
- Coordinates with various departments to resolve employee time/pay issues.
- Maintains filing system for payroll documents in compliance with the record retention policy.
- Creates/Maintains webpages for the Payroll website
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Finance, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience analyzing and managing large volumes of data, and the ability to produce accurate and high-quality work products.
- Self-motivated, independent, problem-solve, organizational and team player mindset.
- Payroll experience for large employee population preferred.
- SAP/BI experience.
- Payroll certification.
- Experience/knowledge of SOX, FLSA, wage & hour laws, & SAP payroll processing