Title: Test Engineer - Wireless, RF or EMC
Location: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Lake City, Ocala
Salary/Package: To be discussed during the interview, relocation package available
Keywords: EMC, EMI, RF, engineer, technician, electrical, electronic, wireless, radio, telecommunication
A test facility which is currently A2LA accredited in accordance with International Standard, offering wireless & EMC laboratory testing services in addition to product certification services. Our business is an emerging, high growth inspection, testing and analytical business seeking to build a national platform in order to serve a breadth of industrial sectors and geographies.
Wireless & EMC Laboratory testing
- 17025 scope of accreditation
- Wireless testing
- FDA ASCA Medical device testing
- Electrical Product Safety
- Project 25 compliance assessment program (P25) testing
- EMC Testing
- Opportunity to join an experienced group of engineers where you will be able to further develop your skillset within the industry
- A growing business and has a great opportunity to expand with the infrastructure
- Exciting career progression opportunities with the potential to transition into a project management, supervisor and manager roles
Job Remit & Responsibilities:
The Test Engineer will perform testing of products to verify regulatory compliance to U.S. (FCC), Canadian (ISED), and International requirements. The position requires a skill set with a mix of EMC and radio equipment testing experience and knowledge of FCC regulatory rules, ISED, ANSI and EU/ETSI standards.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Perform testing according to National and International standards and associated test measurement procedures.
- Identify the rules, regulations, and standards applicable to test products for access in global markets.
- Stay current with rules and regulations, standards, test procedures, and wireless technologies by attending workshops, symposiums, seminars, technical trainings, and by self-studying documentation available online from compliance regulatory or commercial sources.
- Provide support to customers concerning the applicability of rules and regulations, test standards, test measurement procedures, equipment authorization/certification requirements, SDoC procedure, etc. in the area of wireless, EMC, radio, telecommunications and electrical product safety for the purpose of pre-compliance testing, final regulatory compliance testing, and approval.
- Provide support to sales teams to identify customer test requirements and assist in quote generations.
- May travel to perform field testing, attend tradeshows and visit customers.
- Assist with the compliance of the Lab with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation program.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (e.g., electrical, physics, mechanical) is a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of EMI/EMC testing experience in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of wireless telecommunication technologies (GSM, CDMA, LTE, UMTS, E-UTRA, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, Z-wave, ZigBee, NFC, etc.)
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC Test receivers (e.g., R&S ESW, ESR, ESU, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of wireless communication testers/call box for 3G or 4G cellular testing is a plus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of this vacancy.