We are currently seeking applications from Functional Testers / Commissioning Engineers to carry out testing and commissioning of signalling equipment for a Global rail client.
Frequent site travel is required for this role.
Location- Melbourne, VIC or Brisbane, QLD
- Plan, monitor, and direct all office and trackside signalling testing activities against project program and key deliverable milestones.Supporting the Construction team where required
- Supporting the engineering team by carrying out correlation of existing installations to verify the design inputs match the installation
- Assign tasks to testing personnel and manage the day to day requirements of the testing teams
- Verifying the design against wiring diagrams, equipment layouts and signalling plans;
- Participating in the testing and commissioning of on-board, trackside, communications and control systems in accordance with the Commissioning procedures;
- Supervise testing teams to ensure targets are met in a safe and timely manner.
- Performing factory and site testing as required;
- Participating in fault identification during set to work activities and during commissioning.
- Wiring and termination of signalling equipment either on-board trains, in trackside locations, in communications locations or in control centre building;
- Installation of signalling equipment and cables for on-board, trackside, communications and control centre applications.
- Performing preventative and corrective maintenance activities of signalling equipment in accordance with the maintenance procedures;
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent (e.g. Diploma, SoC, CoC)
- At least 5+ years in a similar role
- Electrical licence
- Competencies as a Tester in Charge (TIC) or Function Tester
- Rail Industry Worker Card