PMC Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineer; Milan, Rome, Munich, Korea or India
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring
that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
3. Coordinate and supervise the Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineering aspects of the Complex Project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
4. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications related Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC Contractor and technology Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices and in
close conjunction with Owner’s functional departments.
5. Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Maintenance
functions to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
3. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineering issues
during the EPC phase.
4. Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC Contractor key deliverables and other works within the Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications discipline, ensuring compliance with
Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications design requirements and the Licensors’ PDP’s, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures,
system or equipment with relatively few complex features.
5. Review and approve the following EPC Contractor’s deliverables:
· Equipment design and development.
· System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
· Testing of materials.
· Specifications and design calculations.
· Designs, drawings and data by other Contractors’ or by Vendors.
· Engineering studies and reports.
· Material Requisitions for equipment & materials
· Material quantity estimates.
6. Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or Subcontractors and prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
7. Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor and Vendors.
8. Attend all Project technical sessions by the EPC Contractor such as: Design Review Meetings, 3D Model Review
Meeting, Constructability, SIL, EIA,HAZOP and HAZID etc.
9. Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor’s Control and Instrumentation & Telecommunications Engineering
design activities, system integration, and design selection.
10. Supervise and manage the review and approval of EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Owner and
Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and industry best practices.
11. Coordinate the required Engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and
business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and
12. Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Owner requirements.
13. Coordinate other discipline Engineer’s participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
14. Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
15. Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline Engineers.
16. Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.17. Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.