Airswift is seeking a Senior Telecom Engineer to work on an ongoing contract in Schiedam.
The role of the Senior Telecom engineer comprises the following tasks:
- Able to develop a project specific system design with all associated documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, block diagrams, calculations, etc.).
- Act as package engineer for Telecom packages and work in close cooperation with Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations.
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Lead the Telecom team and manage the flow of information to the (remote) team(s) and / or Telecom Integrator to enable them to prepare Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Cable list, Junction box list and Bulk MTOs.
- Review vendor data and ensure sub-systems are properly integrated and/or interfaced.
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are consistent and aligned.
- Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, company standards and Client requirements.
- Actively provide feedback to Group Technical Standards to assure continuous improvement and maintaining the competitiveness in regards of technical solutions and cost effectiveness.
- Stay abreast of technological developments in the offshore/shipbuilding and related industries.
- Educate and train less experienced telecom engineers on the technical details of the telecom scope.
- Participate in improvement of engineering methods.
- University or Technical College (BSc degree), with experience in Telecommunication systems design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with package interfaces.
- Experience with managing remote teams.
- Experience with Telecommunication systems for Marine applications.
- Competent with Telecom design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001).
- Able to act as focal point regarding telecom matter.
- Experience with the following systems as typically installed on a FPSO: VSAT, PAGA, Telephone (PABX&voip), LAN&WIFI&4G LTE, Navigational equipment, GMDSS, Metocean monitoring, radio systems (UHF,VHF Marine & Aeronautical, CCTV, Entertainment(TVRO), Tanker berthing, FPSO positioning.
Confident as leader. A pro-active approach; taking initiative; problem solving and creative thinking; professional communication in English (verbal and written); conversant with MS Office applications; willingness to travel; team player, looking beyond discipline boundaries, safety conscious.