Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Telecom Superintendent to work within their facilities located in China for an initial 1-year contract.
The Telecom Superintendent is responsible for the Construction and Commissioning Scope of work related to the telecom discipline, in compliance with the project HSSE, Quality and schedule requirements as defined in the construction execution plan (CEP).
- Review the test procedure (OTP)
- To keep abreast of Certification Authorities requirements relating to telecoms.
- Where requested provide formal response for troubleshooting and technical recommendations arising from clients, contractors, classification societies.
- Help the commissioning manager to define all Telecom activities to be performed on his project at site.
- To ensure that contractor is fully aware of Client specifications and applicable codes and standards relevant to Telecom activities.
- To identify and follow-up design changes.
- Participate in material receiving inspection under the telecom scope.
- Review all material certification and VDB’s applicable under the telecom scope.
- To ensure that construction contractor is installing all telecom equipment as per applicable codes and standard and project requirements
- Ensure Discipline Inspection Test Reports (ITR-A’s, ITRB’s and associated Punch list) are compiled and issued by the yard and approved and logged into the Completion database
- To ensure that commissioning contractor is testing all telecom equipment as per applicable codes and standard and project requirements
- Witness and take ownership for the testing of the OTP
- attend FAT at supplier location if required.
- System responsible but not limited to: NAVIGATION AIDS, TELECOM EQUIPMENT-COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, RADIO & SATELLITE SYSTEMS, TELEPHONE & LAN SYSTEM, CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION, ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
- Minimum 15 years’ Oil & Gas experience in Telecoms Engineering and/or Construction, with 5 years petrochemical experience with emphasis on FPSO/FSO production installations. Previous experience in similar role is required.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Permit to Work,
- Mandatory CompEx Hazardous Areas IEC60079-14 & 17 training must be completed and valid certificate
- To be able to work in various location
- Having a good level of English proficiency.
- Applicants shall be China nationality
- We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted