Our client, a major chemicals company, is seeking a Technical Writer Technician to work on a 3-month (with possible extension) in The Villages, FL.
This professional will support the operations and maintenance functions of reporting needs. Willing and able to work with peers across various offices and accomplish tasks associated with a variety of projects.
- Contribute with original writing and/or synthesize or edit the work of other authors for large and small environmental technical reports (which usually contain text, tables, maps and other graphics, and appendices).
- Conduct preliminary review of reports for content, organization, clarity, consistency, grammar, and conformity with the company’s style guides
- Producing recurring reports for utility and solid waste related activities.
- Creating ad-hoc reports requested by internal staff.
- Write and publish executive summaries by distilling and highlighting key points.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, problem solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of experience writing technical documents.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience writing, debugging, and documenting complex queries against relational databases.
- Knowledge of Crystal reports, or Microsoft Access.
- Proven communication, presentation, project management, problem solving, and technical skills are also required.
- Assembles and writes content for marketing needs
- Experience with graphic designer and/or superior writing and editing skills are necessary.
- Ability to accurately write and proofread proposals, letters of intent, budget narratives, email communications, business letters, memos, and other communications.