Airswift is currently looking for an expat Technical Writer for one of our largest projects in Qatar. This position requires availability for relocation to Qatar. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Promote and comply with the applicable safety instruction and Company HSE procedures in all activities.
- Carry out work in compliance with the Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- Treat all information obtained during the work with confidentiality.
- Support safety culture through participation in the project safety initiatives such as Incident Free.General technical writing/editing / technical support for Major Projects
- Authoring of Major Projects division documentation (presentations, articles, newsletters, intranet, memos etc)
- Drafting the official communication under the control of the MP VP
- To provide support in actions related to project communication, ensuring consistency of presentations, and managing information release in the intranet
- Authoring of official correspondence when required
- Aid with CMS as and when required
- Interfaces with all teams within MP for write-Ups
- Manage the update of MP Intranet and coordinate with PR the preparation of a communication plan.
- Design and prepare MP bi-weekly Newsletter after consolidating inputs from the team.
- Organization of TeamTime sessions, team building events, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Obtain a deep understanding of project activities to translate complex information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with project Leads to understand project requirements
- Prepare the weekly and regular articles for the project Talk Times and MP Team Time, Newsletters, etc…
- Preparation of MP Communication plan in coordination with PR
- Support the projects tender activities as needed
- Organize Major Projects internal/external events, including developing communication plans, preparing event materials, and securing speakers/facilities/activities
- Arrange and facilitate project offshore execution film/video activities and deliverables, as required
- Act as focal point to Public Relations for Major Projects internal company communication activities
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in technical writing preferably for the oil & gas industry
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to details
- Competence in the use of MS Office applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint