Technical Sales Manager – Paper, Converting, Nonwovens
Salary / Package: Competitive salary
Language: Fluent English other languages beneficial
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Ivan Robles
- Develop and implement a business plan utilizing SMART goals, monitoring and revising with Line Management.
- Follow-up sales leads and enquiries in a timely manner, engaging other departmental resource as and when required.
- Plan and prioritise activities in line with Company policy and the performance standards of the operations
- Contribute to and participate in marketing activities as required.
- Manage and direct all commercial activities within a defined territory and assist colleagues where necessary.
- Manage and support export Agents where appointed.
- Provide feedback to Line Management on Agents performance and prospects.
- Maintain accurate and current data within business systems to allow accurate forecasting, pipeline reporting, business planning, customer targeting and budgeting process etc
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline sufficiently large to achieve the Sales objectives. Work with Managers and colleagues to anticipate and predict future trends and structure new initiatives accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline, or equivalent intellect level. Experience of operating successfully in a technical and commercial environment, is also desirable
- Able to interpret drawings, schemes and other project related documents.
- Knowledge and experience of consultative sales techniques in a high value capital goods business.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of one or more of the Paper, Converting & Non-woven Industries and their customers’ operating and purchasing processes and likely plans and prospects
- Ability to interpret customers’ needs and define solutions within the capabilities of the business.
- Passion for detailed technical knowledge and understanding linked to the design and production of our products and our customers’ processes and production aspirations.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and clients, while influencing progression towards a quality sale.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with differing priorities whilst adhering to set procedures and systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative using effective personal planning, whilst maintaining an eye on profitability of actions and respecting budgetary matters.
- Presenting and maintaining a professional image of the company whilst performing all duties.
- Ability to effectively impart and extract information to/from colleagues and clients in clear and concise terms.
- Ability to create, adapt and deliver effective presentations for internal and external use.
- Able and willing to drive with a driving license with less than 6 penalty points.
- Able and willing to frequently travel to current and potential customer sites across the UK and abroad as required.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Ivan Robles.