Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Technical Safety Engineer to join them on an 18-months assignment with the possibility to extend in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
- Leads & coordinates discipline as a project management team member.
- Manages the interface between Client’s project team and technical safety team.
- Manages all discipline related engineering activities, review and approval of deliverables, interdisciplinary checks and assures compliance with contractual requirements, e.g. complete delivery of LOD, etc.
- Responses to Technical Queries (TQ’s) and written clarification requests by 3 rd parties and attend clarification meetings
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of Basic Design and FEED documents in a timely manner to ensure the design meets the needs of the field development and complies with contractual requirements.
- Reviews the design requirements of the project and organizes, plans and leads the technical safety engineering design
- Ensures all technical safety engineering and design deliverables are prepared and issued in adherence with project schedule and quality.
- Reviews of HSE reports such as HAZID, HAZOP, FRA, QRA, CFD Blast analysis, Smoke & Gas dispersion studies, Fire & Gas Mapping Studies etc.
- Reviews of Loss Prevention deliverables such as PFD's, P&IDs, Fire Fighting and safety Equipment Datasheets, Specifications, gaseous firefighting systems, etc
- Reviews sizing of water spray, Fire water Hydrant and sprinkler & foam systems. Reviews of Hazardous Area Classification Schedule, Hazardous Area Classification Drawings. Assist with preparation, supervise, review and comment tender documents
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Process, Chemical, or other relevant Engineering Discipline. Familiar and conversant with all applicable standards, codes and specifications
- Prior experience with: Upstream Oil&Gas facilities; Offshore production platforms and facilities o Sub-sea tie-backs o Sub-sea pipelines for gas, condensate, and multiphase flow; Compression facilities; Separation facilities; Oil, gas and condensate treatment; Gas treatment facilities ; Sulphur recovery; CO2 management; Assessment and mitigation of operational risks during the engineering phase; HAZID / HAZOP; Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA); Fire and Explosion Assessment (FERA); Escape and Rescue Assessment (EERA)
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in Technical Safety Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- MS Office
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.